Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wes Anderson Releases a New Film (Sort Of)

I'm a day late here, but I figured I'd post it anyway. Yesterday, Wes Anderson released a new short film called "Castello Cavalcanti." Now, I usually form an emotional response to anything Wes Anderson makes pretty quickly, but I am still trying to figure this one out. As usual, it's beautiful to look at. But, what is it about?

It looks pretty, but "Castello Cavalcanti" made me realize how Anderson's characters are even more important than the visuals. I like the pretty visuals and the fact that everything looks like a giant toy, but it could use more dialogue like "that's the last time you put a knife in me!" and "get your ass the hell off of my boat!" All I'm saying is that I'm still not sure why this ends with Jason Schwartzman ordering a bowl of spaghetti. Because Italy, I guess?

It definitely can't beat "The Midnight Coterie of Sinister Intruders," but its solid enough to make the wait for "The Grand Budapest Hotel" more bearable. Watch the video below:

No comments: