Friday, May 11, 2012

The Reel Deal Goes to Cannes

In January 2009, The Reel Deal packed its bags and relocated to Park City, Utah for a week during the Sundance Film Festival. This Saturday, The Reel Deal will be heading off once again. This time, it will be to France for the Cannes Film Festival.

When I began watching and reviewing movies during middle school, attending Cannes became a dream. At this Festival, the likes of "Taxi Driver," "Apocalypse Now," and "Pulp Fiction" have had their debuts. I decided that I would do anything to get there, whether I arrive as a critic, a filmmaker, or a worker. This will be my first, but hopefully not my last, time attending Cannes.

My schedule will be hectic. I will be attending screenings and panels during any of the free time that I have. However, I will do my best to write a post at least once a day (or every two days, depending on how busy I am). This will continue until I arrive back in America on May 28. Hopefully, I will see movies like "Moonrise Kingdom" as well as those more obscure releases from places as far and wide as Mexico, Italy and South Korea.

I will post my review of "The Avengers" later today. Cannes updates will start as soon as humanly possible. Until then, keep Reel Dealin'.

No comments: